In this policy, we refer to Masonic Medical Centre as “we”, “us” or “our”.
By entering any of our clinic, using our website or services, participating in our database or promotions or interacting with our admin staff, you acknowledge that your personal information will be treated as described in this policy.
This policy explains the following:
1. Personal information
2. Types of personal information we collect
3. Collection of personal information
4. If we are not able to collect personal information
5. Use of personal information
7. Use of personal information for marketing
8. Disclosure of personal information
9. Disclosure of personal information outside of New Zealand
10. Protection of personal information
11. Right to access or correct your personal information
12. Complaints about a breach of privacy
1. PERSONAL INFORMATION
In this policy, “personal information” means the same as it does in the Privacy Act 1993 (“Privacy Act”). In general terms, this includes any information that can be used to personally identify you. This may include (but is not limited to) your name, age, gender, address, contact details (including phone numbers and email addresses) images of you, your biometric data and financial information, including your payment information. If the information we collect personally identifies you, or you are reasonably identifiable from it, then the information is considered personal information.
2. TYPES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect the following types of personal information:
- Image, sound and biometric data, such as height
- Mailing or street address
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Age or birth date
- Medication and medical files
- Profession, occupation or job title
- Personal information that is available through social media Details of the products and services you have purchased from us (including payment information) or which you have enquired about or showed interest in, together with any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and to respond to your enquiries
- Any additional personal information that you provide to us directly or indirectly through our websites, apps or in-store or through our representatives, through the use of our services or otherwise; and
- Information you provide to us through our customer contact centre or customer surveys, or that is publicly available
3. COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do this in a variety of ways,including when you:
- Purchase products or services from us
- Access and use our websites and communications, including registration details and information relating to your use of the website and the services, such as the content you access (for example, the services you have viewed, or the search queries you input)
- GP visits
- Enter our clinic (for example, through video recordings)
- Interact with us through any of our loyalty programmes
- Call, email or interact with our Customer Service Representatives
- Complete an application for a product or service
- Enter promotions that we run or facilitate
- Interact with us on social media
You agree that we may also collect personal information from third parties, including:
- Third-party companies such as credit reporting agencies, other clinics (for the purpose of preventing criminal behaviour), law enforcement agencies, and other government entities
- Mailing lists
- Contractors and business partners
- Suppliers or manufacturers
4. IF WE ARE NOT ABLE TO COLLECTPERSONAL INFORMATION
If you choose not to provide us withthe personal information described within this policy, then:
- We may not be able to provide you with the product or services you have requested, either to the same standard or at all
- We may not be able to provide you with information about products or services that you may want, including information about discounts or special promotions
- We may not be able to tailor our content, website and communications for your preferences
5. USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The primary purpose for which wecollect information about you is to enable us to perform our business activities and to provide the best possible customer service.
We collect, hold, use and discloseyour personal information for the following purposes:
- To provide products and services to you
- To provide you with information or advice about existing and new products and services
- To manage product or service guarantees, including product or safety recalls
- To communicate with you and process your requests
- To manage and enhance our products and services
- To personalise and customise your experience with us
- To provide you with access to secure areas of our websites or notices about updates to the functionality of our websites
- To conduct competitions or promotions, either ourselves or on behalf of selected third parties
- To verify your identity
- To provide to third parties if you have authorised us to do so
- To conduct business processing functions for operation of our websites or our business, for our administrative, marketing, promotional, planning, product/service development, quality control and research purposes, or those of our contractors or external service providers
- To investigate if we have reason to suspect a breach of any of our terms and conditions or any suspected unlawful activity
- To help prevent unlawful activity
- To link previous actions that you have taken on our websites or in our clinic with historic data that we have collected but have not been able to identify as yours. For example, tokenised payment card data and device identification data as required or permitted by any law (including the Privacy Act)
Your personal information will beheld at Masonic Medical Centre, 685 Queen Street East, Levin 5510. It may alsobe held for us in the data centres, platforms and systems of our third-partyservice providers, some of which may be located outside of New Zealand. Your personal information will not beshared, sold, rented or disclosed other than as described within this policy oras permitted by the Privacy Act.
- To recognise your computer or device and greet you each time you visit our websites, without bothering you with a request to register or log-in
- To keep track of products or services you view, so that we can send you, directly or through third parties, news about those products or services
- To measure traffic patterns, to determine which areas of our websites have been visited, and to measure transaction patterns in the aggregate
- To research our users’ habits so that we can improve our products and services
- To operate our websites efficiently with a high level of functionality
- To measure the effectiveness of our marketing initiatives
- To learn about your preferences so that we can present you with web content and advertising that is relevant to you
- To produce data on web traffic and customer web activity through our website
7. USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR MARKETING
We use personal information to provide you with information or advice about our existing and new products and services. We also use it to conduct promotions on our own behalf.
If at any stage, you no longer wish to receive these marketing communications you may unsubscribe by using the link in any promotional email, logging into your account and changing your preferences or contacting us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not collect usage data or target advertisements based on the following market categories:
- Political opinions
- Membership of a political association
- Religious beliefs or affiliations
- Philosophical beliefs
- Membership of a trade union
- Sexual preferences or practice
- Criminal record
- Health information
We will not provide any personal information to an advertiser or any other third party without your express consent or in accordance with this policy.
If you receive communications from us that you believe have been sent to you other than in accordance with this policy, or in breach of any law, please contact us at email@example.com
8. DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information:
- To our employees,
- For the operation of our websites or our business
- For the specific purpose of fulfilling requests by you
- To provide products and services to you
- Where we are permitted to under the Privacy Act
- As otherwise detailed in this policy
Where we engage third parties toundertake services, we may provide those third parties with some of yourinformation if it is required to fulfil those services and only to the extentrequired to fulfil those services. Examples of such third party providers may include, but not limited to:
- Service providers such as web-hosting providers, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, couriers, payment processors, photographic analysers, data entry service providers, electronic network administrators, debt collectors, and professional advisers such as accountants, solicitors, business advisors and consultants
- Software providers such as customer relationship management and accounting software
- Existing or potential suppliers, business partners or joint venture entities or partners
- Sponsors, or promoters of any competition that we conduct or promote
- Specific third parties authorised by you to receive information held by us
We require any third party to protect your information against unauthorised use or disclosure.
In addition to the above, we release personal information only when it is permitted under the Privacy Act or required by law for legal compliance and law enforcement (including to government agencies with statutory law enforcement responsibilities, and/or to your Internet Service Provider or network administrator); to facilitate court proceedings; enforce or apply our terms and conditions; or protect our or your rights, property, or safety and the rights, property and safety of our users, or others, and where we reasonably believe that disclosure is necessary. Government agencies with statutory roles enabling them to request data from us include the Police, Inland Revenue and the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment.
9. DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION OUTSIDE OF NEW ZEALAND
We may disclose personal information to external service providers or entities located overseas for some of the purposes listed above. We take reasonable steps to ensure that the overseas recipients of your personal information do not breach the privacy obligations relating to your personal information.
10. PROTECTION OF PERSONALINFORMATION
We will take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information that we hold from misuse, loss, or unauthorised access or modification. If you suspect any misuse or loss of, or unauthorised access to, your personal information, please let us know immediately.
12. RIGHT TO ACCESS OR CORRECT YOURPERSONAL INFORMATION
You may request access to any personal information we hold about you at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your request will be processed inaccordance with the Privacy Act.
If you make an access request, we will ask you to verify your identity. There may be instances where we cannot grant you access to the personal information we hold. For example, we may need to refuse access if granting access would interfere with the privacy of others, or if it would result in a breach of confidentiality. If that happens, in most circumstances we will give you written reasons for any refusal.
We may charge a reasonable fee for making your personal information available to you or providing you with copies of it.
If you believe that personal information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, then you may ask us to amend it. We will consider if the information requires amendment and will not charge for making any amendments. If we do not agree that there are grounds for amendment, then we will add a note to the personal information stating that you disagree with it. Registered users of our websites can accessand update their user details online. We request that you keep your information as current as possible so that we may continue to improve our service to you.
13. COMPLAINTSABOUT A BREACH OF PRIVACY
If you believe that we have breached this policy or the Privacy Act or you have any questions or concerns about this policy, please contact us using the contact information below and provide details of the incident so that we can investigate it.
We may contact you during the process to seek further clarification if necessary. If a breach is found, we will escalate the matter to management so that the process can be rectified to prevent any further breaches from taking place. We will also contact you to inform you of the outcome of the investigation. We will endeavour to resolve all investigations within a reasonable time.
We will treat your requests or complaints confidentially.
You can contact us by email at email@example.com or by post at Masonic Medical Centre, 685 Queen Street East, Levin, Horowhenua 5510